Welcome to the Moonsorrow Interviews Compilation!
Here you will find more than one hundred Moonsorrow interviews, many of which have already disappeared from where they were originally posted. Check the Index and Contact pages above and the notes in the left column for more info.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Skulls N Bones / May 2009

Link

I'm not sure if this is an interview with background music or music with a background interview. Good luck in uderstanding & following!




TRANSCRIPTION

[Nonsense about pronouncing Sorvali correctly]

The last time I talked to you was about a year and a half ago, no?

Yes, something like that.

A lot actually happened since then. We lost [somebody], you've been accused of being nazi, you released Tulimyrsky... Do you feel different now than you did a year and a half ago?

I've grown older. [Something about worse hangovers]

This is fucking absurd so I'll paraphrase from here on. Approximations follow. Additional detail: this interview happened during a US tour.

Do you like touring with these bands?

Yes I love touring, but it doesn't matter who we're touring with. It doesn't have to be the same kind of music. It's better for the audience. To tour with Korpiklaani is great because they're great guys.

Tell me about Tulimyrsky. When we spoke last time you told me about a 30-minute long song, and you actually did it. It's an awesome song that feels much shorter. Have you had any negative feedback?

No. Of course some people could consider it borig, but these people actually [inaudible] and even if they did [inaudible]. I like it a lot but [inaudible].

You play it in sections, anyway, right?

We used to play it in sections, the first part and the last, then we started playing it in full.

Are you gonna play "For Whom the Bell Tolls"?

No. It's Henri singing and he's not on the tour.

Last time you told me you don't play any instrument, but then I saw you in a photo playing bass.

Yes, I play bass, but I don't consider myself a musician.

You've been called a nazi in Germany by some human rights organizations. How did that happen?

It had nothing to do with human rights. It was some dude doing it in the name of Antifa. There wasn't any organization behind it, just one guy. He started looking at album covers and lyrics and pointing at things: this is nazi, this is nazi. But those symbols have nothing to do with nazism, they're ancient symbols.

And how did you respond to that?

At first we wanted to just forget about it, but then we realized we had to make some sort of statement, because we were in danger of getting our berlin gig cancelled. In the end there was no problem.

You have two other bands, Lakupaavi and Homosika. What about them?

Just Lakupaavi. Homosika is supposed to be the forthcoming album. Sometimes we write something when we are at home. It's crappy hardcore. Maybe we'll make it at some point when we have time. We don't need much time. One day in the studio and eight crates of beer. That's an album.

Personal goals?

To get fat and happy. I don't know, I've achieved more than I've ever dreamed of. Being here, for example. Playing on a stage for lots of people. It feels weird, I'm just a normal guy from Finland. Suddenly I'm here. It's weird. Other than that, some peace of mind in my personal life. There is a lot to achieve in that. Music-wise, I'm living the dream.


Transcribed on 6·II·2021. What a fucking waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment